- 2020-01-06 // A Very Happy New Decade to all
- The group is back in full force with @Vandana’s fantastic work on the consequences of
combining life-history traits which have sex-specific differences out on
- 2019-12-11 // Paper by @maria in PLOS Computational Biology
- Work on eco-evolutionary agriculture by @MariaBargués is accepted for publication. Congratulations!!! Here’s to many more!
- 2019-12-06 // Celebrating the year!
- Had a relaxed evening with some raclette, chats and board games to celebrate 2019 and the awesome science that we enjoyed this year and looking forward to a wonderful new year ahead.. Many more adventures to come :)
- 2019-09-25 // BfN meeting at the MPI
- The Bundesamt fuer Naturschuetz, who fund the gene drive project in the group were visiting the Institute. @PrateekVerma gave a fantastic talk that was appreciated by all present! Bravo!
- 2019-09-18 // Move to the “Pink Residence”
- The T-Eco-Evo group has successfully moved in with the rest of the Theory Department (Group of @JennaGallie still away :( ). Looking forward to the deeper interactions while keeping in touch with the rest of the Institute!
- 2019-08-29 // Departmental Retreat 2019
- Our group participated in the yearly departmental retreat at Schlagsülsdorf - the reatreat was a great success with informal discussions about the workings of the department/institute and the MPS in general.
- 2019-07-22 // MMEE2019 was a great success in Lyon
- @Chaitanya presented his work with @MarcusFrean and @JoeBulbulia on
belief: catalyst for cooperation.
- 2019-06-04 // Breathing Life into Chemistry!
- Meeting begins at the MPI today on
Breathing Life into Chemistry
- 2019-05-13 // Welcome @PrateekVerma
- @PrateekVerma joins t-eco-evo as a new postdoc focusing on
Risk assessment of gene drive systems. Welcome Prateek!
- 2019-05-03 // @JosefHofbauer and @ChristinaPawlowitsch visit
- It was a fantastic visit by excellent researchers @Pawlowitsch talking about evolutionary games back from the p.o.v of economics and the legend @JosefHofbauer discussing
costly signaling games. Wahnsinn!
- 2019-04-01 // @JaiDenton won the KAKENHI grant
- @Jaidenton won the KAKENHI grant (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) as a PI for our joint project on
Understanding How The Environment Shapes Mutualism. Congratulations!
- 2019-03-21 // @ChristelKamp visiting from PEI
- @ChristelKamp is visiting the group from the Paul-Ehrlich-Institute. Fun discussio nand future project discussions from codon evolution to phage therapy!
- 2019-02-28 // @Maria visiting Rothamsted
- @Maria is visiting @NicholHawkins and others at the Rothamsted Research in the UK to discuss her work on Eco-evo informed Sustainable Agriculture!
- 2019-02-14 // @ErnestLiu visiting the group
- @ErnestLiu from Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute is visiting us for a couple of days. Today he gave fantastic talk about the
origin of self-replication.
- 2019-01-26 // Innovation in Spiders!
- Working with @AnneWignall from Massey University @Chaitanya has pushed a manuscript on to the bioRxiv about Portia behaviour!
- 2019-01-23 // Paper in Life
- A review paper with @JaiDenton has been accepted in the special issue of the journal Life on
Synthetic Biology: From Living Computers to Terraformation where we define and discuss the state-of-the-art of synthetic biology and its potential uses in mutualism ranging from taking care of Earth to terrraforming Mars!
- 2019-01-14 // Happy New Year!
- After a week in the Philippines for iWOMB @Chaitanya is back in the lab. Also we published a paper in J.R.Soc.Open Science with @HyeJinPark. Great start to the New Year!!
- 2018-12-10 // Department Christmas Dinner
- Had our department Christmas dinner after a nice walk through Prinzeninsel!
- 2018-12-07 // Vaibhvi finishes rotation
- Vaibhvi from the IMPRS finished her rotation in the group. She worked on a fascinating project
Nutrition-Immunity relationship in a social context. Good luck to Vaibhvi and hopefully we continue the work in the future!
- 2018-12-04 // GL Retreat
- The group leader retreat took place at Koppelsberg, yesterday and today. Interesting talks and discussion about the ecology and evolution of group leaders and the Institute!
- 2018-11-15 // Department group picture
- We took a new (old) group picture for the department… coming soon!!